Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As Program Director, you will lead one of the most dynamic sports media brands in the country, with a clear expectation to grow the Arizona Sports audiences over-the-air, online and on all platforms. You will develop and execute the brand strategy and work effectively with our team broadcast partners, Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamondbacks and Arizona State athletics. You will also help to build up, improve and serve our community while adhering to the Bonneville values.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Phoenix site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- In concert with SVP/Market Manager, Director of Sales, and General Sales Manager, determine station's basic program philosophy and format and then establish acceptable short and long term goals for the program department to assure its full contribution to the successful accomplishment of station's short and long term plan and BIC's Mission, Commitments and Values.
- In conformance with company policy and procedure, select, hire, schedule, coach, develop, appraise, and direct programming department staff in a way that assures their success and maximum contribution to station goals and objectives. (*Selection of on-air staff requires final approval of SVP/Market Manager.)
- Regularly monitor station for quality control and presentation consistency; ensure station's on-air production compliance with FCC guidelines and company standards; assure all commercial, public service and promotion material prepared by Bonneville Phoenix’s production department for on-air use and/or sales presentation meets station's desired standards. Establish procedures to assure commercial material sent to station for airing does not detract from station's program philosophy/format and meets legal requirements.
- Write and develop all "image" and "usage" liners, IDs and station jingles included in station "packaging".
- Achieve cooperation of all departments involved with the execution of on-air presentation.
- Innovate formatic elements to stay ahead of the competition and obtain optimum ratings in Nielsen.
- Coordinate research projects and interpret findings as they apply to program refinements.
- Have excellent knowledge of Nielsen methodology.
- Operate at efficient cost within the budget projections. Develop and manage programming department financial plan.
- Project a pleasant, professional, business-like image and develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication within department, with other departments and with everyone with who must interact in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Maintain productive relationships with outside vendors including local sports teams; keep up to date on new vendor opportunities that might enhance programming goals.
- Be aware of sales goals to create and maintain on-air program environment which will facilitate the demand on commercial inventory.
- Assure all listener contacts are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Five (5) years in media content programming, production, and marketing.
- Familiarity with the Phoenix sports market.
- Proven experience programming a news and/or sports broadcast station.
- Have excellent knowledge of Nielsen methodology, reporting and resources.
- Thorough knowledge of radio broadcasting in general.
- Thorough knowledge of journalism techniques, ethics, and legal issues.
- Ability to form and implement strategic short- and long-term goals for the programming department to assure its full contribution to the successful accomplishment of station’s short- and long-term plan and Bonneville’s purpose and values.
- Ability to provide direction, organization, creativity and strategy regarding the talent, promotions, and production necessary to produce a marketable and sellable radio station.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal equity and alignment with market data.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match, fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity and Parental Leave policies
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave in addition to paid company holidays
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Employer-funded retirement account, fully vested from day one
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.