Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
As we grow and adapt to the changing media landscape, we’re looking for a proven finance leader for the Denver market with a strong point of view and impeccable ethics to lead and supervise the Company’s local financial planning, accounting, and budget management functions. We need someone with the drive to constantly innovate and improve, to go beyond historical reporting and act as an effective business partner for our Senor Vice President/Market Manager and local management team. The Denver Director of Finance will provide strategic financial analysis and advice to the Senior Vice President/Market Manager and local management team as well as ensuring accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies. This position will also lead local management strategic planning from finance and business model perspectives. For a successful candidate, there will be opportunities for further growth and advancement within the company.
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is a hybrid role that requires the employee to sometimes work at our Denver site. Specific hybrid schedules will be determined based on business needs and evaluated by managers and senior management.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate accounting, financial planning, and budget/forecast management functions in the Denver Market.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the division and departments.
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure the Denver Market adheres to Company policy and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Manage the preparation of the Denver Market annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage and maintain the preparation of financial forecasts.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop forecasts and budgets.
- Prepare financial analysis and provide advice for contract negotiations and strategic decisions.
- Establish and implement goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the local finance team.
- Create and maintain an organization and staffing structure to effectively accomplish the group’s objectives and maintain internal controls.
- Cooperate closely with financial auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience leading finance/accounting function for minimum of five years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent required; MBA preferred.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret data, draw conclusions and act or direct based on trends, causes and desired outcomes.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to articulate business and financial concepts and strategy clearly.
- Ability to partner effectively to collaborate across functions and departments.
- Proficient in Excel and other financial systems.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to handle stress and multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Radio/TV/Media experience a plus.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal equity and alignment with market data.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment.
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one.
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits.
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year.
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services.
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners.
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service.
- Continuous growth and development opportunities.
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.