Broadcasters are First Informers in the communities they serve, keeping our listeners and viewers informed and updated. Given the constantly changing developments of the coronavirus, we wanted to provide a list of resources to help your station find critical information quickly. Please help us populate this list, if you see services or resources missing.
For Your Station:
- Supplies: Maintain adequate supplies of cleaning materials and hand sanitizers to keep your station as safe as possible for employees.
- Cross training/Working from home: In case your employees are exposed, and need to be quarantined, you may want to evaluate who could help cover their workload while they are out, as well as having computers or other equipment to allow them to work from home.
- Employees: You may want to review with your corporation the leave policy in case someone is required to self-quarantine at home, or has become infected with the virus. In addition, you may want to consider policies for employees who have school aged children as school districts decide to close and parents are required to attend to them at home.
- FCC (CSRIC) Best Practices for Broadcasters Report
- NAB Toolkit – The NAB has developed a Coronavirus Toolkit including PSA’s for both Radio and TV stations regarding the Coronavirus. ALL broadcast stations are invited to air these PSA’s, your station DOES NOT need to be an NAB member.
- Broadcasters Foundation of America – Their mission is to improve the quality of life and maintain the personal dignity of men and women in the radio and television broadcast profession who find themselves in acute financial need due to a critical illness or other serious misfortune.
- RAB “Radio – It’s On.” Free Campaign.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment – Coronavirus Disease in Colorado
- Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Chalkbeat – List of Colorado School Closures
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – Coronaviruses
- Surgeon General of the United States: Dr. Jerome Adams
- National Jewish Health – Coronavirus: Information & Resources