Thursday, October 21st at 10:00 a.m. join The Poynter Institute for “Powerful Storytelling Part One” and then experience Part Two on November 4th at 10:00 a.m.
Part One features:
- Finding and developing compelling characters
- Finding sharp story focus
- What goes where in the story and why
- How to make words and video work seamless together even when you have limited video
- How to spot soundbites that deeply connect with viewers
Part Two features:
- The eight motivators that make any story more interesting
- Getting beyond the obvious to the more important “why” of the story
- The power of the Ladder of Abstraction (how to make interesting stories important and important stories interesting)
- Sentence structure that makes information unforgettable
- Navigating the friction between creative storytelling and clear storytelling
Registration for Part One closes October 18th at 5:00 p.m. and Part Two November 1st at 5:00 p.m.