Centennial, Colo., May 24, 2021 – Independent music fans in the Roaring Fork Valley will soon have access to Indie 102.3, the music discovery station from Colorado Public Radio. CPR has filed applications with the FCC to trade its 1230 AM signal in Pueblo, Colo., for an FM signal in Carbondale, Colo.
The move will eliminate CPR News’ AM station and FM translator in Pueblo later this summer. Following CPR’s partnership with Colorado College to operate KRCC in Southern Colorado, CPR News’ broadcast in Pueblo became redundant with KRCC’s broadcast on 91.5 FM. The Carbondale station, 96.7 FM, becomes the latest frequency to broadcast Indie 102.3 (as KNDH). It will go live on May 26.
“One of CPR’s goals is to maximize the use of all of our frequencies. With the addition last year of KRCC, we have duplicative coverage in Pueblo with CPR News,” said Jenny Gentry, chief operating officer. “This move lets us bring Indie 102.3 to more people, with its focus on independent and Colorado-based artists.”
96.7 FM is currently licensed to Carbondale with translators in Glenwood Springs, and broadcasts from a transmission site CPR co-owns with Aspen Public Radio and KDNK in Carbondale.
Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – connecting them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene. Last year, Indie 102.3 expanded beyond Denver to serve listeners in Colorado Springs and the Vail Valley.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver’s curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.